Friday 3 February 2012

Freezing Friday!

Well my car said it was MINUS 5C this morning! Good enough reason to get the oven on this pm and do some baking!
A friend asked me to make a Lemon Drizzle cake for her husband so did that this pm- the downside to my cake baking endeavours is the delicious smells that arise from the oven! Its just not fair when my (ever expanding) waistline means I should resist all cakes/biscuits/baked deliciousness. Most of the time I try(briefly!) and fail!!


Lemon drizzle cake is one of my favourites-in fact I won 1st prize last summer in our local village fete cake competition with my Lemon drizzle! I am very proud of this!
But the smells coming out the oven were so yummy today- the cake nearly got devoured- only the fact that I had only bought enough lemons for one cake, stopped me devouring a huge slab!
See, cold weather is not conducive to dieting- its makes my body cry out for yummy, gooey, fat laden and warming treats of the baked variety! Preferably with lemon or chocolate involved!



No comments:

Post a Comment